Dear all,

I have started to learn Solr for two months. At least right now, my system
runs good in a Solr cluster.

I have a question when implementing one feature in my system. When
retrieving documents by keyword, I believe Solr is faster than relational
database. However, if doing the following operations, I guess the
performance must be lower. Is it right?

What I am trying to do is listed as follows.

1) All of the documents in Solr have one field which is used to
differentiate them; different categories have different value in such a
field, e.g., Group; the documents are classified as "news", "sports",
"entertainment" and so on.

2) Retrieve all of them documents by the field, Group.

3) Besides the field of Group, another field called CreatedTime is also
existed. I will filter the documents retrieved by Group according to the
value of CreatedTime. The filtered documents are the final results I need.

I guess the operation performance is lower than relational database, right?
Could you please give me an explanation to that?

Best regards,
Li Bing