On 03/07/2011 12:43 AM, Stefan Matheis wrote:
Burak,

what's wrong with the existing PHP-Extension
(http://php.net/manual/en/book.solr.php)?
I think "wrong" is not the appropriate word here. But if I had to summarize why I wrote this API:

* Not everybody is enthusiastic about adding another item to an already long list of server dependencies. I just wanted a pure PHP option. * I am not a C programmer either so the ability to understand the source code and modify it according to my needs is another advantage. * Yes, a PECL package would be faster. However, in 99% of the cases, after everything is said, coded, and byte-code cached, my biggest bottlenecks end up being the database and network.
* Last of all, choice is what open source means to me.

Burak