Hi,

----- Original Message ----

> > Oh, there is no DB involved.  Think of a document stream continuously
> > coming
>in,
> > a component listening to that stream, grabbing docs, and  pushing it to
> > master(s).
>
> I don't think Solr is designed for this  use case, eg, I wouldn't
> expect deterministic results with the current  architecture as it's
> something that's inherently a a key component of [No]SQL  databases.

You mean it's not possible to have 2 masters that are in nearly real-time sync?
How about with DRBD?  I know people use DRBD to keep 2 Hadoop NNs (their edit
logs) in sync to avoid the current NN SPOF, for example, so I'm thinking this
could be doable with Solr masters, too, no?

Otis
----

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Otis Gospodnetic
> <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
> > Hi,

fail-over?