Hello guys. We are using shard'ed solr 1.4 for heavy faceted search over the
trigrams field with about 1 million of entries in the result set and more
than 100 million of entries to facet on in the index. Currently the faceted
search is very slow, taking about 5 minutes per query. Would running on a
cloud with Hadoop make it faster (to seconds) as faceting seems to be a
natural map-reduce task?

Are there any other options to look into before stepping into the cloud?

Please let me know, if you need specific details on the schema / solrconfig
setup or the like.

--
Regards,

Dmitry Kan