Hi Toke,

Thanks a lot for trying this out. I have to mention, that the facetted
search hits only one specific shard by design, so in general the time to
query a shard directly and through the "proxy" SOLR should be comparable.

Would it be feasible for you to make that field ngram'ed or is it too much
worry for you?

I'll check out the direct query and let you know.

--
Regards,

Dmitry Kan