Hi Paul,

did you increase the value of the maxFieldLength parameter in your solrconfig.xml?

-Sascha

On 23.03.2011 17:05, Paul wrote:
I'm using solr 1.4.1.

I have a document that has a pretty big field. If I search for a
phrase that occurs near the start of that field, it works fine. If I
search for a phrase that appears even a little ways into the field, it
doesn't find it. Is there some limit to how far into a field solr will
search?

Here's the way I'm doing the search. All I'm changing is the text I'm
searching on to make it succeed or fail:

http://localhost:8983/solr/my_core/select/?q=%22search+phrase%22&hl=on&hl.fl=text

Or, if it is not related to how large the document is, what else could
it possibly be related to? Could there be some character in that field
that is stopping the search?