Hi Otis,

Ok, thanks.

No, the question about distributed faceting was in a 'guess' mode as
faceting seems to be a good fit to MR. I probably need to follow the jira
tickets closer for a follow-up, but was initially wondering if I missed some
documentation on the topic, which didn't apparently happen.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <
otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > I have tried running the sharded solr with zoo keeper on a  single
> machine.
>
> > The SOLR code is from current trunk. It runs nicely. Can you  please
> point me
> > to a page, where I can check the status of the solr on the  cloud
> development
> > and available features, apart from http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud?
>
> I'm afraid that's the most comprehensive documentation so far.
>
> > Basically, of high interest  is checking out the Map-Reduce for
> distributed
> > faceting, is it even possible  with the trunk?
>
> Hm, MR for distributed faceting?  Maybe I missed this... can you point to a
> place that mentions this?
>
> Otis
> ----

Regards,