Erick Erickson wrote:

> No, WDF only works on tokens from the tokenizer. It would
> not concatenate two separate tokens together, just tokens generated
> because of, say, case changes, punctuation, etc in the single token
> that made it through, say, WhitespaceTokenizerFactory.
>
> The analysis page should make that clear, have you looked at it?

Thanks Erik,

So, I've changed the query analyser and set catenateWords to 1.
Unfortunately, the query "crosslin* compiler"~50" returns nothing.
I have looked at the Analysis page and it does not show something different
excepting than catenateWords is 1.
Furthermore, the query ("cross-linker compiler"~50) is now crashing
ComplexPhraseQueryParser.

If there is nothing out of the box, maybe we'll need to modify the
ComplexPhraseQuery Parser.
I think that it should accept phrases as token for the proximity search. we
could enter escaped quotes to specify phrases like: "(\"cross link*\")
(\"compiler\")"~10

I just wanted to be sure I did not miss something obvious before investing
time in developing/changing solr parser.

Regards,
Jean-Michel