Sorry, fat fingers. Sent that last e-mail inadvertently.

Anyway, if I have this correct, I'd recommend going to
autocommit and NOT committing from the clients. That's
usually the recommended procedure.

This is especially true if you have a master/slave setup,
because each commit from each client will trigger
(potentially) a replication.

Best
Erick