Hi Stefan,

Thanks for answering.

In more details, my problem is the following. I'm working on searching
points of interest (POIs), which can be hotels, restaurants, plumbers,
psychologists, etc.

Those POIs can be identified among other things  by categories or by brand.
And a single POIs might have different categories (no maximum number). User
might enter a query like

McDonald’s Paris

or

Restaurant Paris

or

many other possible queries

First I want to do a facet search on brand and categories, to find out which
case is the current case.

http://localhost:8080/solr /select?q=restaurant  paris
&facet=true&facet.field=BRAND& facet.field=CATEGORY

and get an answer like

<lst name="facet_fields">

<lst name="CATEGORY">

<int name="Restaurant">598</int>

<int name="Restaurant Hotel">451</int>

Then I want to send a request with fq= CATEGORY: Restaurant and still get
answers with CATEGORY= Restaurant Hotel.

One solution would be to modify the data to add a new document every time we
have a new category, so a POI with three different categories would be index
three times, each time with a different category.

But I was wondering if there was another way around.

Thanks again,

Elisabeth