I understand that multicores allows met o create two cores which are just
normal solr-homes. That's easy.

However I'm only interested to the reload command and, in particular, to reload
the underlying index segment files.

Do I understand correctly that the following is what I should do?
- still make my setting multicore and get the core-admin requesthandler to
work, even with one core
- attempt the reload with a change of solrconfig or schema
- do the reload of data by changing the index-segment-path in the config as an
example of the above

thanks to clarify

paul