Have you checked that the search phrase are in the field you uses as
highlight field?
Its standard if it dont get hits in the defined highlight field it would
return emty result.

A way around this problem is to add more fields to highlight or merge the
searchable text into a single text field and hightlight that.

Jan Eirik

--
Jan Eirik B. Nævdal
Solutions Engineer | +47 982 65 347