I wonder what if I add new field in the schema, do i have to reindex?

If no need to reindex, can i just update the schema.xml directly? After
that, Should I restart the tomcat service?

If no need to reindex, how about the existing documents? If I do a query
with new field, does it cause errors?

--
Chhorn Chamnap
http://chamnapchhorn.blogspot.com/