Chamnap,

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Chamnap Chhorn <chamnapchh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder what if I add new field in the schema, do i have to reindex?

If you're using that field within the DIH .. then of course yes, but
normally/otherwise: No :)

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Chamnap Chhorn <chamnapchh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If no need to reindex, can i just update the schema.xml directly? After
> that, Should I restart the tomcat service?

At least, you have to reload the Core-Config .. don't know exactly how
that works while using Tomcat -- with the packaged Jetty, it's just
hitting /admin/cores (while in Multicore-Mode) or restarting the
Java-Process (in Singlecore-Mode)

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Chamnap Chhorn <chamnapchh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If no need to reindex, how about the existing documents? If I do a query
> with new field, does it cause errors?

Afaik, the document are just not affected from searching and therefore
missing in/excluded from the result.

Regards
Stefan