Hi,

Thanks for the questions, guys, and sorry for the confusion. I should start
with a broader picture of what we are trying to achieve. The only problem is
that I cannot speak about specifics of the task we are solving the way we
do. We currently sort the facets on the client side, having the date values
at hand (done by an boolean query to SOLR with a list of ids). However,
sometimes we have "glitches", that is since we limit the facets to first
facet.limit ones, and there is no "date boosting" we may have some facet
counts end up beyond the facet counts range and that's sad. One way around
it would be to facet with pagination, where a page would correspond to a
date subrange in the range of required dates. But we haven't tried it yet
before we investigate what can be done inside SOLR (by modifying its source
code, if needed).

So as said every solr doc that has some id in the solr index (this id is
used to combine several solr docs logically, only that purpose; this design
comes from the task definition) has a date field, and the value of that date
field is always same for a given doc id across all the solr docs with the
same doc id.

Now, taking the Stefan's example, I would like to sort desc the facets by
date (yes, date boosting during the facet gathering process) that were
calculated against someStr field:

<int name="T-AS_1386181">
45
</int>
<int name="T-AS_1386229">
54
</int>

So SOLR facet component would ignore the counts and sort the facets by dates
desc (in reverse chronological order).

Is it possible to implement such a solution through some class inheritance
in facet component?

Regards,

Dmitry