surely it indexes the data if you do indexed = true.

if you put some data in the field that is unique to that document and
then search do you get it? If not then it is because it is not
indexed. If you do a search for another field in the same document but
still get the non-indexed field shown it is because the non-indexed
field is stored.

Best Regards,
Bryan Rasmussen