>>We're using Solr to search on a Shop index and a Product index
Do you have 2 separate indexes (using distributed shard search)?? I'm sure
you are actually having only single index.

>> Currently a Shop has a field `shop_keyword` which also contains the
>> keywords of the products assigned to it.

You mean, for a shop, you are first concatenating all keywords of all
products and then saving in shop_keywords field for the shop?? In this case
there is no way u can identify which keyword occurs in which product in ur
You might need to change the index structure, may be, when u post documents,
then post a single document for a single product(with fields like
title,price,shop-id, etc), instead of single document for a single shop.
Hope I make myself clear