Juan,

An easy way in solr, I think, is indeed to use different fields at index time
and expand on multiple fields at query time.
I believe using field-names' wildcards allows you to specify a different
analyzer per language doing this.

about the best design for multilingual indexing and searching. One of the key
arguments was wether you were able to detect with faithfulness the language of
a query, this is generally very hard.

It would make sense to start a page at the solr website...

paul