Alas, no, not yet.. grouping/field collapse has had a long history
with Solr.

There were many iterations on SOLR-236, but that impl was never
committed.  Instead, SOLR-1682 was committed, but committed only to
trunk (never backported to 3.x despite requests).

Then, a new grouping module was factored out of Solr's trunk
implementation, and was backported to 3.x.

Finally, there is now an effort to cut over Solr trunk (SOLR-2564) and
Solr 3.x (SOLR-2524) to the new grouping module, which looks like it's
close to being done!

So hopefully for 3.3 but not promises!  This is open-source...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com