On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 12:39 +0200, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Do you know if it is possible to show the facets for a particular field
> related only to the first N docs of the total number of results?

It collides with the inner working in Solr, as faceting does not process
the doc-IDs from the matching documents in result order. It also uses
all the hits, but that could be hacked.

What is N? If it is a fairly low number (hundreds) and your documents
are indexed with an unique ID, you can extract the IDs and perform a
facet-request with the ORed IDs as query.

I am a bit curious about what you're trying to achieve here.
Conventionally, faceting provides an overview of all data, often
prioritized by occurrence count. While I understand the idea of trying
to use weights to prioritize, limiting the faceting to a subset of the
result set seems very much like a standard ranked document search.