Can your front end app normalize the q parameter. Either with a drop
down or a type a head derived from the values in the specialties
field. that way q will match value(s) in your facet results. I'm not
sure what you are trying to achieve though so maybe i'm off the mark.

On 22 June 2011 04:37, Bill Bell <billnb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Doing it with q=specialities:Cardiologist or
> q=Cardiologist&defType=dismax&qf=specialties
> does not matter, the issue is how I see facets. I want the facets to only
> show the one match,
> and not all the multiValued fields in specialties that match...
>
> Example,
>
> Name|specialties
> Bell|Cardiologist
> Smith|Cardiologist,Family Doctor
> Adams,Cardiologist,Family Doctor,Internist
>
> When I facet.field=specialties I get:
>
> Cardiologist: 3
> Internist: 1
> Family Doctor: 1
>

> I only want it to return:
>
> Cardiologist: 3
>
> Because this matches exactly... Facet on the field that matches and only
> return the number for that.
>
> It can get more complicated. Here is another example:
>
> q=cardiology&defType=dismax&qf=specialties
>

> (Cardiology and cardiologist are stems)...
>
> But I don't really know which value in Cardiologist match perfectly.
>
> Again, I only want it to return:
>
> Cardiologist: 3
>
> If I searched on q=internist&defType=dismax&qf=specialties, I want the
> result to be:
>

> Internist: 1
>

> Does this all make sense?
>

> On 6/21/11 8:23 PM, "Darren Govoni" <dar...@ontrenet.com> wrote:
>
>>So are you saying that for all results for "cardiologist",
>>you don't want facets not matching "Cardiologist" to be
>>returned as facets?
>>
>>what happens when you make q=specialities:Cardiologist?
>>instead of just q=Cardiologist?
>>
>>Seems that if you make the query on the field, then all
>>your results will necessarily qualify and you can discard
>>any additional facets you don't want (e.g. that don't
>>match the initial query term).
>>
>>Maybe you can write what you see now, with what you
>>want to help clarify.
>>
>>On 06/21/2011 09:47 PM, Bill Bell wrote:
>>> I have a field: specialties that is multiValued.
>>>
>>> It indicates the doctor's specialties: cardiologist, internist, etc.
>>>
>>> When someone does a search: "Cardiologist", I use
>>>
>>>q=cardiologist&defType=dismax&qf=specialties&facet=true&facet.field=speci
>>>alt
>>> ies
>>>
>>> What I want to come out in the facet is the Cardiologist (since it
>>>matches
>>> exactly) and the number that matches: 700.
>>> I don't want to see the other values that are not Cardiologist.
>>>
>>> Now I see:
>>>
>>> Cardiologist: 700
>>> Internist: 45
>>> Family Doctor: 20
>>>
>>> This means that several Cardiologist's are also internists and family
>>> doctors. When it matches exactly, I don't want to see Internists, Family
>>> Doctors. How do I send a query to Solr with a condition.