Hi!

I can't help you with the question about the limit to the number of
fields. But until now I haven't read anywhere that there is a limit.
So I'd assume that there is none.

For your second question:

"Another question: Is it possible to add the FACET fields automatically to my
query? facet.field=*_FACET? Now i do first a request to a DB to get the
FACET titles and add this to the request: facet.field=cpu_FACET,gpu_FACET.
I'm affraid that *_FACET is a overkill solution."

You can add parameters automatically (as defaults) to your requests.
Look into the solrconfig.xml file for requestHandler that handles your
requests. (In the example it's the one starting <requestHandler
name="search" class="solr.SearchHandler" default="true">). There is a
<lst name="defaults"> where you can add as many request parameters as
you like.

Is that what you're talking about?