RoySolr,

Not sure what language your client is written in, but this is a simple
if statement.

if (category == "TV") {
   qStr = "q=*:*&facet=true&facet.field=tv_size&facet.field=resolution";
elseif (category == "Computer") {
   qStr = "q=*:*&facet=true&facet.field=cpu&facet.field=gpu";
}

curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/select?"; + qStr;