On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org>wrote:

> : The index version shown on the dashboard is the time at which the most
> : recent index segment was created. I'm not sure why it has a value older
> than
> : a month if a commit has happened after that time.
>
> I'm fairly certian that's false.
>
> last time i checked, newly created indexes are assigned a version based on
> index time, but after that each commit simply imcrements the version - so
> index versions are only suitable for comparing if one instance of an index
> is newer or older then another instance of the same index -- it doesn't
> tell you anything about the relative age.

Thanks for clearing that up Hoss. I only looked at a place where IndexCommit
was being created and it used System.currentTimeMillis, hence the confusion.
Anyways, what the version represents is not guaranteed except that it will
uniquely identify a commit point so users should not make any assumptions.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.