Hi!

I would like to announce the availability of Solr 3.3 with RankingAlgorithm and Near Real Time (NRT) search capability now. The NRT performance is very high, 10,000 documents/sec with the MBArtists 390k index. The NRT functionality allows you to add documents without the IndexSearchers being closed or caches being cleared. A commit is also not needed with the document update. Searches can run concurrently with document updates. No changes are needed except for enabling the NRT through solrconfig.xml.

RankingAlgorithm query performance is now 3x times faster than before and is exposed as the Lucene API. This release also adds supports for the last document with a unique id to be searchable and visible in search results in case of multiple updates of the document.

I have a wiki page that describes NRT performance in detail and can be accessed from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.org/wiki/en/Near_Real_Time_Search_ver3.x

You can download Solr 3.3 with RankingAlgorithm (NRT version) from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.org

I would like to invite you to give this version a try as the performance is very high.

Regards,

- Nagendra Nagarajayya
http://solr-ra.tgels.org
http://rankingalgorithm.tgels.org