Hey guys,

This might seem odd, but is it possible to use boost with random ordering?
That is, documents that get boosted are more likely to appear towards the
top of the ordering (I only display page 1, say 30 documents). Does that
make sense? I'm assuming that random ordering is, well, really random - so
then it's not possible. But I figured I'd ask.

My problem is that I want to display a random assortment of documents, but
unfortunately certain types of documents far outnumber other types. So a
"random" assortment ends up with 50% type A, 50% type B, C, D, E, F. So, I
was thinking I would essentially "boost" types B, C, D, E, F until all types
are approximately evenly represented in the random assortment. (Or
alternatively, if the user has an affinity for type B documents, further
boost type B documents so that they're more likely to be represented than
other types).

Anyone know if there's a way to do something like this in Solr?

Much appreciated. Thanks.
--
Steven Ou | 歐偉凡

*ravn.com* | Chief Technology Officer