Hello list

My documents come with a field holding a date, always a year:
<year>2008</year

In the schema, this content is taken for a field <year> as an integer, and it will be searchable.

Through a copyfield-instruction I move the <year> to a <facet_year>-field, you guess, to use it for faceting and make range queries possible. Its field type is of the class 'solr.TrieDateField' that requires canonical date representation. Is there a way in solr to extend the simple year to <facet_year>2008-01-01T00:00:00Z</facet_year>. Or, do i have to solve the problem in preprocessing, before posting?

Thanks
Oliver