Hi,

I have multiple core in Solr and I want to write core name in log through to
lo4j.

I've found in SolrException a method called log(Logger log, Throwable e) but
when It try to build a Exception it haven't core's name.

The Exception is built in toStr() method in SolrException class, so I want
to write core's name in the message of Exception.

I'm thinking to add MDC variable, this will be name of core. Finally I'll
use it in log4j configuration like this in ConversionPattern %X{core}

The idea is that when Solr received a request I'll add this new variable
"name of core".

But I don't know if it's a good idea or not.

or Do you already exists any solution for add name of core in log?

Thanks

Joan