: I'm thinking to add MDC variable, this will be name of core. Finally I'll
: use it in log4j configuration like this in ConversionPattern %X{core}
:
: The idea is that when Solr received a request I'll add this new variable
: "name of core".
:
: But I don't know if it's a good idea or not.
:
: or Do you already exists any solution for add name of core in log?

Assuming you definitively want to use log4j, then i think you are on the
right track -- you could certainly patch SolrDispatchFilter to add the
name of the selected core as an MDC.

in general, the name of the current core isn't something that every code
path knows about, so something like this is probably the only option.

-Hoss