On 05/10/2011 19:21, Luis Cappa Banda wrote:
Hello.

I´ve been looking for information trying to find an easy way to do index
backups with Solr and I´ve readed that lukeall has an application called
XMLExporter that creates a XML dump from a lucene index with it´s complete
information. I´ve got some questions about this alternative:

*1. *Do it also contains the information from fields configured as
stored=false?
*2. *Can I load with curl this XML file generated to reindex? If not, any
other solution?

Thank you very much.

It does not provide a complete copy of the index information, it only dumps general information about the index plus the stored fields of documents. Non-stored fields are not available. There is no counterpart tool to take this XML dump and turn it into an index.

I'm working on a tool like what you had in mind, and I will be presenting results of this work at the Eurocon in Barcelona. However, it's still very much incomplete, and it depends on cutting edge features (LUCENE-2621).

In any case, if you're using Lucene then you can safely take a backup of the index if it's open readonly. With Solr you can use the replication mechanism to pull in a copy of the index from a running Solr instance.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><