Oh by the way - what analyzer are you using for your log files?  Here's what
I'm trying:

    <fieldType name="text_pl" class="solr.TextField">
      <analyzer>
        <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="0"
generateNumberParts="0" catenateWords="0" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0"
splitOnCaseChange="0"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

Thanks!