I realized I probably should have said Solr 3.5 in case that makes a difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Smith [mailto:ssm...@mainstreamdata.com]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 2:29 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: MoreLikeThis questions

I'm implementing a MoreLikeThis  search.  I have a couple of questions.  I'm
implementing this with solrj so I would appreciate it if any code snippets
reflect that.

First, I want to provide the text that Solr should check for "interesting
words" and do the search on.  This means I don't want to specify a document in
the collection.  I think the documentation implies I can do this.  However, it
seems like using the "q" parameter would be the wrong thing since I think it
would just take doc 0 of the result of searching the default field with those
words.  However, I don't see any other parameter that looks like it's the
correct one.

Second, I need to access the "interesting terms".  It's not clear to me how to
get these.  I see the parameter I need to set to have the interesting terms
included in the response.  I'm just not sure how to get at them with solrj once
the response comes back.

Can someone point me to examples of how to do this?