Hi  Koji,

Thanks for quick reply, i am using solr 1.4.1

i am querying *"camera"*

here is the example of documents :

which matches the

<doc>
<id>70</id>
  <category>Electronics/Cell Phones</category>
  <thumbnail>/b/l/blackberry-8100-pearl-2.jpg</thumbnail>
  <price>349.99</price>
  <meta_description>BlackBerry 8100 Pearl sports a large 240 x 260 screen
that supports over 65,000 colors-- plenty of real estate to view your
e-mails, Web browser content, messaging sessions, and
attachments.</meta_description>
  <contents>Silver</contents>
  <url_path>blackberry-8100-pearl.html</url_path>
  <contents>Like the BlackBerry 7105t, the BlackBerry 8100 Pearl is  The
BlackBerry 8100 Pearl sports a large 240 x 260 screen that supports over
65,000 colors-- plenty of real estate to view your e-mails, Web browser
content, messaging sessions, and attachments. The venerable BlackBerry
trackwheel has been replaced on this model with an innovative four-way
trackball placed below the screen. On the rear of the handheld, you&apos;ll
find a 1.3-megapixel camera and a self portrait mirror. The handheld&apos;s
microSD memory card slot is located inside the device, behind the battery.
There&apos;s also a standard 2.5mm headset jack that can be used with the
included headset, as well as a mini-USB port for data
connectivity.</contents>
  <contents>BlackBerry 8100 Pearl</contents>
  <in_depth>&lt;ul&gt; &lt;ul class=&quot;disc&quot;&gt; &lt;li&gt; 1.3 mega
pixel camera to capture those special moments&lt;br&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
&lt;li&gt; MP3 player lets you listen to your favorite music on the
go&lt;br&gt;&lt;/li&gt; &lt;li&gt;Menu and escape keys on the front of the
device for easier access&lt;br&gt;&lt;/li&gt; &lt;li&gt; Bluetooth
technology lets you experience hands free and wire free
features&lt;br&gt;&lt;/li&gt; &lt;li&gt;Package Contents: phone,AC
adapter,software CD,headset,USB cable,sim- card,get started poster,reference
guide&lt;br&gt;&lt;/li&gt; &lt;/ul&gt;</in_depth>

</doc>

<doc>
 <id>89</id>
  <category>Electronics/Cameras/Accessories</category>
  <thumbnail>/u/n/universal-camera-case-2.jpg</thumbnail>
  <price>34.0</price>
  <meta_description>Universal Camera Case</meta_description>
  <contents>Green</contents>
  <url_path>universal-camera-case.html</url_path>
  <contents>A stylish digital camera demands stylish protection. This
leather carrying case will defend your camera from the dings and scratches
of travel and everyday use while looking smart all the time.</contents>
  <contents>Universal Camera Case</contents>
  <in_depth></in_depth>

</doc>

on above documents i am getting highlighting response on documentid =  89
and not for documentId = 70 even though there is word called "camera" in
document(id=70)..

I have field called

<field name="contents" type="custom_type" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" termPositions="true"  termVectors="true"
termOffsets="true"/>

for your information i am using custom analyser for indexing and querying.

Thanks
Dhaivat

Koji Sekiguchi wrote

> Dhaivat,
>
> Can you give us the concrete document that you are trying to search and
> make
> a highlight snippet? And what is your Solr version?
>
> koji
> --
> Query Log Visualizer for Apache Solr
> http://soleami.com/
>
> (12/02/21 20:29), dhaivat wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am newbie to Solr and i am using Sorj Client to create index and query
>> the
>> solr data.. When i am querying the data i want to use Highlight feature
>> of
>> solr so i am using Fast Vector Highlighter to enable highlight on words..
>> found that it's working fine for some documents and for some document
>> it's
>> returning any highlighted words even though the field of document
>> contents
>> that word.. i am using the following parameters  using solrj client :
>>
>>                         query.add("hl","true");
>>                      query.add("hl.q",term);
>>                      query.add("hl.fl","contents");
>>                      query.add("hl.snippets","100");
>>                      query.add("hl.fragsize","100000");
>>                      query.add("hl.maxAnalyzedChars","100000");
>>                      query.add("hl.useFastVectorHighlighter","true");
>>                      query.add("hl.highlightMultiTerm","true");
>>                      query.add("hl.regex.slop","0.5");
>>                      query.add("hl.regex.pattern","[-\\w ,/\n\\\"']*");
>>
>>                      query.setHighlightSimplePre("*");
>>                      query.setHighlightSimplePost("*");
>>
>> My solrconfig is pretty strait forward haven't specified anything related
>> highlighter there.
>>
>> this is how my solrConfig looks like :
>>
>> <config>
>>    <updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2" />
>>
>>    <requestDispatcher handleSelect="true">
>>      <requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="false"
>> multipartUploadLimitInKB="2048" />
>>    </requestDispatcher>
>>
>>    <requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.StandardRequestHandler"
>> default="true" />
>>    <requestHandler name="/update" class="solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandler" />
>>    <requestHandler name="/admin/"
>> class="org.apache.solr.handler.admin.AdminHandlers" />
>>

>>    <admin>
>>      <defaultQuery>solr</defaultQuery>
>>    </admin>
>>
>> </config>
>>
>> i have also enabled the TermVectors,TermOffsets,TermPostions on Field on
>> which i am indexing
>>

>> can anyone tell me where i am going wrong ?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> Dhaivat
>>

>> --

Koji Sekiguchi wrote