Koji Sekiguchi wrote

> (12/02/22 11:58), dhaivat wrote:
>> Thanks for reply,
>>
>> But can you please tell me why it's working for some documents and not
>> for
>> other.
>
> As Solr 1.4.1 cannot recognize hl.useFastVectorHighlighter flag, Solr just
> ignore it, but due to hl=true is there, Solr tries to create highlight
> snippets
> by using (existing; traditional; I mean not FVH) Highlighter.
> Highlighter (including FVH) cannot produce snippets sometime for some
> reasons,
> you can use hl.alternateField parameter.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.alternateField
>
> koji
> --
> Query Log Visualizer for Apache Solr
> http://soleami.com/

Thank you so much explanation,

I have updated my solr version and using 3.5, Could you please tell me when
i am using custom Tokenizer on the field,so do i need to make any changes
related Solr highlighter.

here is my custom analyser

 <fieldType name="custom_text" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <tokenizer class="ns.solr.analyser.CustomIndexTokeniserFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
          <analyzer type="query">
            <tokenizer class="ns.solr.analyser.CustomSearcherTokeniserFactory"/>

          </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

here is the field info:

<field name="contents" type="custom_text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" termPositions="true"  termVectors="true"
termOffsets="true"/>

i am creating tokens using my custom analyser and when i am trying to use
highlighter it's not working properly for contents field.. but when i tried
to use Solr inbuilt tokeniser i am finding the word highlighted for
particular query.. Please can you help me out with this ?

Thanks in advance
Dhaivat