Hi Stefan,

The score isn't "moved" from the "from" side to the "to" side and as far as
I know there isn't a way to configure the scoring of the joined documents.
The Solr join query isn't a real join (like in sql) and should be used as
filtering mechanism. The best way is to achieve that is to put the join
query inside a fq parameter.

Martijn

On 5 March 2012 14:01, Stefan Moises <moi...@shoptimax.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> we are using the kinda new JoinQuery feature in Solr 4.x Trunk and are
> facing a problem (and also Solr 3.5. with the JoinQuery patch applied) ...
> We have documents with a parent - child relationship where a parent can
> have any number of childs, parents being identified by the field "parentid".
>
> Now after a join (from the field "parentid" to "id") to get the parent
> documents only (and to filter out the "variants"/childs of the parent
> documents), the document score gets "lost" - all the returned documents
> have a score of "1.0" - if we remove the join from the query, the scores
> are fine again. Here is an example call:
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr4/**select?qt=dismax&q={!join%**
> 20from=parentid%20to=id}foo&**fl=id,title,score<http://localhost:8983/solr4/select?qt=dismax&q=%7B!join%20from=parentid%20to=id%7Dfoo&fl=id,title,score>
>
> All the results now have a score of "1.0", which makes the order of
> results pretty much random and the scoring therefore useless... :(
> (the same applies for the "standard" query type, so it's not the dismax
> parser)
>
> I can't imagine this is "expected" behaviour...? Is there an easy way to
> get the "right" scores for the joined documents (e.g. using the max. score
> of the childs)? Can the scoring of "joined" documents be configured
> somewhere / somehow?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance,
> best regards,
> Stefan