Hi,

Have you confirmed that disabling Hunspell in solrconfig gets you back to
normal speed?
What Hunspell configuration and dictionaries do you have?
Can you share more about your environment and documents?
Do you have a chance to run a profiler on your Solr instance? Try i.e. VisualVM
and run the profiler to see what part of the code takes up the time
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/share/jvisualvm.html

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com