This might explain another thing I'm seeing. If I take a node down,
clusterstate.json still shows it as active. Also if I'm running 4 nodes,
take one down and assign it a new port, clusterstate.json will show 5 nodes
running.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nodes talk to ZooKeeper as well as to each other. You can see the
> addresses they are trying to use to communicate with each other in the
> 'cloud' view of the Solr Admin UI. Sometimes you have to override these, as
> the detected default may not be an address that other nodes can reach. As a
> limited example: for some reason my mac cannot talk to my linux box with
> its default detected host address of halfmetal:8983/solr - but the mac can
> reach my linux box if I use halfmetal.Local - so I have to override the
> published address of my linux box using the host attribute if I want to
> setup a cluster between my macbook and linux box.
>
> Each nodes talks to ZooKeeper to learn about the other nodes, including
> their addresses. Recovery is then done node to node using the appropriate
> addresses.
>

> - Mark Miller
> lucidimagination.com
>
> On Mar 16, 2012, at 3:00 PM, Matthew Parker wrote:
>
> > I'm still having issues replicating in my work environment. Can anyone
> > explain how the replication mechanism works? Is it communicating across
> > ports or through zookeeper to manager the process?
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Matthew Parker <
> > mpar...@apogeeintegration.com> wrote:
> >
> >> All,
> >>
> >> I recreated the cluster on my machine at home (Windows 7, Java 1.6.0.23,
> >> apache-solr-4.0-2012-02-29_09-07-30) , sent some document through
> Manifold
> >> using its crawler, and it looks like it's replicating fine once the
> >> documents are committed.
> >>
> >> This must be related to my environment somehow. Thanks for your help.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Matt

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary.  Please note
that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Apogee Integration.