How often are updates? And when are commits? How many CPUs? How much
query load? There are so many variables.

Check the mailing list archives and Solr issues, there might be a
similar problem already discussed. Also, attachments do not work with
Apache mailing lists. (Well, ok, they work for direct subscribers, but
not for indirect subscribers and archive site users.)

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com