5-7 seconds- there's the problem. If you want to have documents
visible for search within that time, you want to use the trunk and
"near-real-time" search. A hard commit does several hard writes to the
disk (with the fsync() system call). It does not run smoothly at that
rate. It is no surprise that eventually you hit a thread-locking bug.

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/link?url=http://wiki.apache.org/solr/RealTimeGet
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/link?url=http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommitWithin

--
Lance Norskog