Hi all,

I'm using solr 3.4 with a catchall field and an edismaw request handler.
I'd like to score higher answers matching with words not contained in one
of the fields copied into my catchall field.

So my catchallfield is called catchall. It contains, let's say, fields
NAME, CATEGORY, TOWN, WAY and DESCRIPTION.

For one query, I would like to have answers matching NAME, CATEGORY, TOWN
and WAY scored higher, but I still want to search in DESCRIPTION.

I tried

qf=catchall DESCRIPTION^0.001,

but this doesn't seem to change the scoring. When I set debutQuery=on,
parsedquery_toString looks like

(text:paus | DESCRIPTION:pause^0.001) (this seems like an OR to me)

but I see no trace of DESCRIPTION in explain

One solution I guess would be to keep DESCRIPTION in a separate filed, and
do not include it in my catchall field. But I wonder if there is a solution
with the catchall field???

Thanks for your help,
Elisabeth