1. Just trust that Lucene will perform :)
   Incremental updates are actually stored in separate new index segments with
own caches, so all the old existing data is left un-touched with caches in
place.

2. Please explain what you expect from "semantic search" which is an overloaded
word.

3. On http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PublicServers the only one saying so
explicitly is Jeeran - I'm sure others can fill in with more examples

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com