I'm not at the office until next Wednesday, and I don't have my Solr under
hand, but isn't debugQuery=on giving informations only about q parameter
matching and nothing about fq parameter? Or do you mean
"parsed_filter_querie"s gives information about fq?

CATEGORY_ANALYZED is being populated by a copyField instruction in
schema.xml, and has the same field type as my catchall field, the search
field for my searchHandler (the one being used by q parameter).

CATEGORY (a string) is copied in CATEGORY_ANALYZED (field type is text)

CATEGORY (a string) is copied in catchall field (field type is text), and a
lot of other fields are copied too in that catchall field.

So as far as I can see, the same analysis should be done in both cases, but
obviously I'm missing something, and the only thing I can think of is a
different behavior between q and fq parameter.

I'll check that parsed_filter_querie first thing in the morning next
Wednesday.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Elisabeth