>>  My question is, is it possible to run
>> multiple combination of search queries to just get only result count "in
>> single trip" without using "facet.query"?
>>

> No. AFAIK.

Yes, you're true. I just tried googling on this and I'm finding that a
requirement similar to mine is being filed under "New Feature" towards v4.0
in JIRA.

A RequestHandler to run multiple queries in a batch

Alternatively, I'm also finding that "Field Collapsing/Result Grouping" is
another feature in Solr which is analogous to Facet Querying, but for
grouping.  But, in my case, I think "Arbitrary Query Faceting" is the right
choice to go with.