From: Anupam Bhattacharya [mailto:anupam...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:53 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: SOLR Security

I am using Ajax-Solr Framework for creating a search interface. The search
interface works well.
In my case, the results have document level security so by even indexing
records with there authorized users help me to filter results per user based on
the authentication of the user.

The problem that I have to a pass always a parameter to the SOLR Server with
userid={xyz} which one can figure out from the SOLR URL(ajax call url) using
Firebug tool in the Net Console on Firefox and can change this parameter value
to see others records which he/she is not authorized.
Basically it is Cross Site Scripting Issue.

I have read about some approaches for Solr Security like Nginx with Jetty &
.htaccess based security.Overall what i understand from this is that we can
restrict users to do update/delete operations on SOLR as well as we can
restrict the SOLR admin interface to certain IPs also. But How can I restrict
the {solr-server}/solr/select based results from access by different user id's ?