On 5/10/2012 4:17 PM, Ravi Solr wrote:
Thanks for responding Mr. Heisey... I don't see any parsing errors in
my log but I see lot of exceptions like the one listed below....once
an exception like this happens weirdness ensues. For example - To
check sanity I queried for uniquekey:"111" from the solr admin GUI it
gave back numFound equal to all docs in that index i.e. its not
searching for that uniquekey at all, it blindly matched all docs.
However, once you restart the server the same index without any change
works perfectly returning only one doc in numFound when you search for
uniquekey:"111"...I tried everything from reindexing, copying index
from another sane server, delete entire index and reindex from scratch
etc but in vain, it works for roughly 24 hours and then starts
throwing the same error no matter what the query is.

[#|2012-05-10T13:27:14.071-0400|SEVERE|sun-appserver2.1.1|xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx|_ThreadID=21;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-9001-6;_RequestID=d44462e7-576b-4391-a499-c65da33e3293;|Error
searching data for section Local
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:95)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:311)
        at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(FeedController.java:621)
        at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(FeedController.java:402)

This is still saying solrj. Unless I am completely misunderstanding the way things work, which I will freely admit is possible, this is the client code. Do you have anything in the log files from Solr (the server)? I don't have a lot of experience with Tomcat, because I run my Solr under jetty as included in the example. It looks like the client is running under Tomcat, though I suppose you might be running Solr under a different container.

Thanks,
Shawn