copyField is a literal operation that happens at index time -- but it
really has no bearing what so ever on highlighting done at query time.
there is no "memory" of what source fields any values came from, so it
doesn't affect things in any way.

You haven't provided any details about your schema, but i suspect the
reason you are only seeing highlights in the "cr_name" field (and
not any other field containing the value) is because highlighting can only
work if the field value is stored...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldOptionsByUseCase

...if your "text" field is stored=false, then solr can't highlight it at
all, so it is never even considered when you use hl.fl=*

: I queried Solr (3.5) with this: q=text:"G-Money"&hl=true&hl.fl=*, where text
: is a "text" field and all the other fields were copied to it. I got three
: records returned, however, only one field (also "text" field) was
: highlighted:
: <lst name="highlighting">
: <lst name="cr_149107">
: <arr name="cr_name">
: </arr>
: </lst>
: <lst name="cr_740953"/>
: <lst name="cr_1055847"/>
: </lst>
:
: But the other two also have matched fields (that is why they are returned),
: but they are "string" field, they were not highlighted. Also, in the same
: record "cr_149107", the "string" field "cr_firstname" has exactly matched
: string "G-Money", but it was not highlighted. But if I search on this field:
: q=cr_firstname:"G-Money"&hl=true&hl.fl=*, it will be highlighted. Any idea
: what shall I do to let both "text" and "string" fields highlighted?

-Hoss