From: Spadez [mailto:james_will...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:37 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help! Confused about using Jquery for the Search query - Want to
ditch it

Thank you for the reply, but I'm afraid I don't understand :(

This is how things are setup. On my Python website, I have a keyword and
location box. When clicked, it queries the server via a javascript "GET"
request, it then sends back the data via Json.

I'm saying that I dont want to be reliant on Javascript. So I'm confused about
the best way to not only send the request to the Solr server, but also how to
receive the data.

My guess is that a "GET" request without javascript is the right way to send
the request to the Solr server, but then what should Solr be spitting out the
other end, just an XML file? Then is the idea that my Python site would receive
this XML data and display it on the site?