Hi Andy,

Multi-value faceting is a special case of taxonomy. So it is covered by the
"org.apache.lucene.facet" package (lucene/facet).
This is not per segment but works without "per IndexSearcher" cache.

So imho the taxonomy faceting will work with NRT.

Because of the new TermsEnum#ord() Method the class UnInvertedField already
lost half of its code-lines. UnInvertedField would work per segment, if the
"ordinal position for a term" would not change in a commit. Which is the basic
idea of the taxonomy-solution.

So I am quite sure that Solr will adopt this approach any time.
I do not now about "soon".

Best regards
   Karsten

in context: