I'm having trouble with edismax not working in one of my cores. I have three cores up and running, including the demo in Solr 3.6 on Tomcat 7.0.27 on Java 1.6.

I can't get edismax to work on one of those cores, and it's configured very similar to the demo, which does work. I have different fields, but overall I'm not doing much different. I'm testing using a query with "OR" in it to try to get a union. On two of the cores, I get the union, on my third one I get a much smaller set than either term should return. If I tell the misbehaving core to have a defType of lucene, that does honor the "OR".

What could I be possibly missing?

Thanks,
Richard