Hi,

Is the any way to make grouping searches more efficient?

My queries look like:
/select?q=query&group=true&group.field=id&group.facet=true&group.ngroups=true&facet.field=category1&facet.missing=false&facet.mincount=1

For index with 3 mln documents query for all docs with group=true takes
almost 4000ms. Because queryResultCache is not used next queries take a
long time also.

When I remove group=true and leave only faceting the query for all docs
takes much more less time: for first time ~ 700ms and next runs only 200ms
because of queryResultCache being used.

So with group=true the query is about 20 time slower than without it.
Is it possible or is there any way to improve performance with grouping?

My application needs grouping feature and all of the queries use it but the
performance of them is to low for production use.

I use Solr 4.x from trunk

Agnieszka Kukalowicz